Our courses are run over an 8-week period and may start at varying times. Watch here for our full course schedule.
We are in the process of getting the remainder of our courses approved. Below is a list of the courses we plan to offer this fall and the current status of each:
• The Heart of Teaching (Instructor Lisa Kopp) - Approved and Fall starting date to be announced
• Humor In The Classroom (Instructor Donna Lanning) - Approved and Fall starting date to be announced
• The Essence of Student Motivation (Instructor Brenda Benedict) - Course approval in process Fall starting date to be announced
• Emotional Intelligence - Understandings & Applications (Instructor Brenda Benedict) - Course approval in process Fall starting date to be announced
• Stress and What To Do About It (Instructor Lisa Kopp) - Course approval in process Fall starting date to be announced
• The Human Component in Learning (Instructor Donna Lanning) - Course approval in process Fall starting date to be announced
• Teaching To Individual Needs (Instructor Donna Lanning) - Course approval in process Fall starting date to be announced
• The Teacher in Teaching (Instructor Craig Schmidt) - Course approval in process Fall starting date to be announced
I’m disappointed to share that we have run into a delay in getting approval for this new course offering (The Teacher in Teaching) I described to you. The university has requested more time.
I’m hopeful we will be ready to run for the winter semester in January or early February. Stay tuned to this site as I will update it as soon as I get information. In the meantime, you can get specifics about the course by clicking on the link below and you can email me - firstname.lastname@example.org - if you have questions. I’m sorry about the delay.
I am excited to announce that, beginning this fall, I will be conducting a program of professional development in the Dowagiac Schools in Southwest Michigan. It will be a series of sessions designed to affirm teachers and administrators by emphasizing to them the gravity of what they do for young people. We will also help them maintain optimism and enthusiasm as they "endure" some of the (often unreasonable) demands placed on them.
I am flexible in design of professional development and will custom-tailor a program to meet your school needs.
We are flexible in offering one-half, one, and two-day development courses. We also offer year-long sessions where we are able to deliver a much greater portion of our beliefs in the value of the teacher.
An added feature of our professional development is that we can offer the option of teachers and administrators to combine it with graduate credit.
Our name is "Personal Improvement" and some sample comments from former students will validate our mission of your personal growth. For some sample comments, click here: Student Reviews/Evals.
You can find answers to many of the frequently asked questions by clicking here